Automatically Collected Information
Whenever you interact with us, we will receive and deposit the given information. For example, like many other sites, we use “cookies”. When your internet browser visits GrandTurkishBazaar.com, we will collect some information. (Please refer to the sample of information collecting process stated at the end of this policy) Many companies provide you with the technology that can help you to visit the website anonymously. Although under this condition we can’t offer you the individualized experience on our website as your ID is unidentified, we still like to remind you of the existence of these technologies.
To help us make the e-mail more useful and interesting, when you open the email from GrandTurkishBazaar.com, we will often receive a mail confirming you have read the delivered email. (If your computer supports this function) We will also make a comparison between our customer list and other companies in order to avoid junk messages. The information from other resources: We may collect your information for other resources and add it to our customer database (please refer to the sample of the information collecting process stated at the end of this policy)
Cookies can be defined as a kind of discriminating symbols consisting of letters and numbers read in your computer hard disc by us through your internet browser so that our system will identify your browser during your visit and display the characteristics and quantity of items in your shopping cart. The help function of the toolbar on your browser will tell you how to prevent the browser from installing new cookies and inform you when the browser installs a new cookie or shuts down the cookies totally. Besides, you can close or cancel the alike data of browser add-ons like Flash cookies by changing its setting or visiting other manufacturers’ websites. However, cookies can help you to make the most use of the best special services from GrandTurkishBazaar.com, so we recommend you set up an open status for this program.
The Information from Other Resources
The examples of the information we get from other resources contain the dispatching and address information we get from our forwarder or another third party, which can correct our record and make it easy to deliver your next order and contact you. Account information, purchasing or returning information, searching keywords and results given by our affiliated enterprise’s service, page browsing information gotten from our cooperative enterprises, searching results and links, including a not-for-free searching list.
What we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Furthermore, we may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You can amend your personal details and change consent to marketing messages by emailing email@example.com
Custom Audience List
We may share portions of your data with certain strategic partners to make our business more responsive to your interests and/or those of like-minded consumers. For example, we may aggregate your email address together with the email addresses of others who place orders on our site, locally hash such data, and transmit the resulting hashed data to Facebook for the purpose of creating “Custom Audiences” (where targeted ads are sent to people on Facebook who have already been on our Site), and “Lookalike Audiences” (where targeted ads are sent to people on Facebook who have similar characteristics to people on our Custom Audience list). If you wish to opt out of this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will begin the process of removing your data from our Custom Audience list.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service or email email@example.com. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.