- Sesame Seeds (Susam) from Spice Bazaar of Istanbul.
- It is perfect to add some traditional Turkish taste your delicious food.
- All Natural, No Preservatives. No Additives.
- Authenitic Turkish Gourmet spice
- Naturally kept and packed.
- Will be sent in sealed pack.
- Country of Origin: Turkey
Coming from the Pedeliaceae family, sesame is a one-year plant species that can grow up to 50-250 centimeters in length, and oil is obtained from its seeds. Sesame, whose homeland is known as Africa, has been cultivated since ancient times. The plant, which gives pinkish or white flowers, has capsule-shaped fruits.
Leaf edges are straight or sliced. Today, the leading countries in sesame production are; Mexico, China, India, Venezuela and Sudan. In Turkey, Marmara, Aegean, Mediterranean and grown in the Southeastern Anatolia Region. Şanlıurfa is the region that produces the most sesame seeds in our country.
How to Use Sesame Seeds?
The oil extracted from the seeds of the sesame plant is used both for cooking and in the cosmetic, soap and pharmaceutical industries. Its pulp is used as animal feed. Sprinkled as an ornament on bakery foods such as cakes and bread, sesame seeds are also the main ingredient of tahini.
Sesame is added to many pastries such as cookies, pastries and donuts, especially simit. Sesame that is crushed into tahini is used in making tahini halva. Sesame oil, which can also be preferred for skin and hair care, is often preferred with its nourishing, moisturizing and therapeutic properties.
What are the benefits of sesame seeds?
- Sesame seeds rich in vitamins C, E and A; It contains magnesium, potassium, calcium and plenty of iron.
- It helps to regulate the amount of glucose in the blood and helps to prevent diabetes.
- Helps to treat anemia, helps to remove fatigue and weakness caused by iron deficiency.
- Unsaturated oils in the composition of sesame and sesame seeds helps to protect the body against cardiovascular diseases by improving the bad cholasterol level.
- Containing plenty of fiber, just like poppy, sesame helps to activate the digestive system and helps heal constipation.
- It has a positive effect on bone and dental health as it is a good source of calcium.
- It contains vitamins and minerals that are vital for eye health and liver activities.
Europe: 1-2 business days
For U.S-Canada: 2-3 days
For rest of the world: 2-4 days
FOR WHOLESALE INQUIRIES AND OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org