Orange Peels Jam, Turkish Portakal Receli, 380g-13.40oz
Original Turkish product from Istanbul – Turkey
Turkish orange peels jam, produced traditionally.
Made from best quality Turkish orange peels, collected from Antalya region.
Sends in a sealed & protected jar.
All orders are shipped via Express Shipping and tracking number is supplied for each order.
Delivery time after shipment:
Europe: 1-2 business days
For U.S – Canada: 2-3 days
For rest of the world: 2-4 days
How to make orange peels jam?
Forget all the orange peel jam you know. We slice the peels and take the first step towards making a delicious orange jam. To remove the bitterness of the peels, we soak in boiling water, shock it with cold water and repeat this process 3 times. The most delicious part after that … Boiling …
Ingredients for Orange Peel Jam Recipe
- 3 kilograms of oranges
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 glasses of water
Tip of the Orange Peel Jam Recipe
Soaking in ice water after boiling water is a method that should be applied to remove the bitterness of the shells. If you do not want to do this method, you can take the bitterness of orange peels by keeping them in water for 3 days and changing the water every other day. You can use 1 glass of 4 glasses of water as orange juice. It will add a more vibrant color to your jam.
Cooking Suggestion of Orange Peel Jam Recipe
If you wish, you can add cinnamon sticks into it and extract it when it boils and thus flavor it.
How to Make Orange Peel Jam Recipe?
1. Chop the peels of the oranges. Clean the white parts remaining in the shells with a knife.
2. Thoroughly wash the orange peels 3 times under clear water and preferably soak overnight.
3. Put the peels in a pot of boiling water and boil for 7-8 minutes. Then take it in ice water and repeat this process two more times. We do this to remove the bitterness of the orange peels.
4. Then let the shells cool.
5. In the meantime, prepare the syrup. Boil it by mixing water and sugar. If you wish, you can add 1 glass of orange juice instead of 1 glass of water. It will provide more beautiful color.
6. While the syrup is boiling, add the lemon juice and boil for another 10 minutes.
7. Then add the cooled orange peels into the syrup and mix.
8. After 45 minutes of cooking in this way, your jam is ready. You can transfer it to jars and enjoy it at your breakfast. 🙂